Saturday, May 15, 2004

It is impossible for me to go to bed before 11:30pm. Even if I am so tired that my body aches and my eyes are scratchy and lids are heavy, I cannot force myself up the stairs to go to bed. I decided earlier in the week that I would go to bed early on Friday night because we have a long day today. Stephen was smart enough to go to bed at 10pm. I said "Be right up" and proceeded to stay up another 90 minutes longer. And of course I was awakened at 6:04 by Cars. *yawn*

Dex has t-ball this morning and it is "Picture Day" which means we spend a ludicrous amount of money for a team photo. Oh well, the joys of team activities.

After "Picture Day" and t-ball, we head to the credit union to sign for our loan, then back up the Plateau for Jax's t-ball game and a birthday party for Dex to attend. Jax is invited too but he will have to arrive late. It is at the Y Pool (right where Dex is playing ball this morning). I am doing a quick calculation and it seems we are going to drive about 40 miles today. And ten of those miles will be doubled because we will have to split up and take two cars. Ah, the things you think about when regular unleaded gas is $2.29/gallon.

Everyone was complaining about gas the other day. Ash got all defensive when I said that Dodge Durangos were about the worse SUV's for fuel efficiency for their class (guess what she drives?). It is funny because she is so frugal yet has no qualms about driving around and that big old Dodge truck which sucks fuels like it is air.

Of course, I'm not much better with my minivan.

Gladys Kravitz Watch
Mr. Ford Mustang told me last night that he loves his car and had waited twenty years to get it. He has washed it everyday since he got it. I wonder what he will do when the water restrictions kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment