Wednesday, January 21, 2004

A guy was wondering around the school yard when the kids got out today with a bow and arrow. He had a quiver full of arrows on his back. He stopped just past the playground and pulled the arrow back, pointed it around around but did not release it. We all stood staring at him, not quite comprending what was going on. Finally someone ran inside for a teacher. I called 9-1-1. The guy then walked over to the soccer field. Ash said he shot an arrow off then but I didn't see that because I suddenly got my wits about me and just wanted to get the kids away from the playground. I saw the principal running out to him then (he was sitting on the ground at that point) and then we rushed off to the car.

I called the sherriff's dept afterwards to find out what happened when the police got there but all they had on file was that they responded to the call and no arrests had been made. I am not impressed. I have only ever been worried about sending Jax to school because of his peanut allergy. Now I have to worry about loonies with weapons.

I fed Cars rice cereal mixed with soy formula today (could not pump anything today). I will wait to see if he vomits it up later. Three times he has thrown up exactly two hours after he had soy. The first time he barfed for 24 hours. The next two times it was more of a spit-up type barf but then he had only had a mouthful (if that) of the formula. He ate about 1/4 cup of cereal tonight.

Tomorrow I will only have one child with me for 2.5 hours! Jax's class is going on a field trip to see a play so they have to go to school in the morning and Dex has school inthe morning too. Of course I have a doc's appt on the other side of the lake so it is not like I can enjoy my time - I'll be too busy driving! That's ok though. :)

Another blogger mentioned double spaces after a period (full stop). I have noticed that a lot of people do not do that and frankly I find it hard to read. I guess not everyone took basic typing classes in school.

The mom of my next door neighbour house-sits. She has no house or apartment of her own and so she lives in the houses where she house-sits. She goes from house-to-house in the winter and in the summer when the house-sitting season is slow, she spends most of her time living with her daughter (my neighbour). For some reason I think that is really eccentric. I guess I just cannot imagine not having my own place/space.

No comments:

Post a Comment