Friday, January 30, 2004

Colouring Colour Neighbour Honour Odour <--Just for Katie

For the life of me I cannot spell those words without the U. Besides, that is the way they should be spelt. Once I worked with a guy who told me that the U was stupid and didn't know why the British spell them that way. I said because that is the *correct* spelling and he insisted that it wasn't. I said they ought to know since they invented the language. He still didn't understand. That also reminds me of the time in McD's when this elderly woman next to me started complaining that the McD's employees were all "foreigners" who didn't even speak "American".

Cars is puking puking puking. I am trying to figure out what I ate that would cause him to puke so much. I gave him his meds today and I have not had any cheese or milk...although I did have some chocolate cake with chocolate icing which was made from butter so I guess that's it. Sorry buddy.

Stephen's leave of absense is a paternity leave that every employee at his company gets when they have a child. It is four weeks of paid leave. He chose to take it now rather than when Cars was first born because my mom was here then and we didn't need him to take it then. We first thought he could take it in April or June or some other nice-weather month but with my PPD I told him I needed him to take it now. Well I actually wanted him to take January off but he was working on a big project which was wrapping up in January so we decided that February would have to do and that's when we decided also to hire Nanny to help out on Fridays.

Tomorrow is the big preschool registration day. My plan is this: to get up at 5am and go to the NEW preschool. If there is a HUGE line and I know I will not get in, I will then head over and line up at our current preschool. That way I have covered all of my bases. I will also have to take Cars with me since I don't really want to pump a few bottles tonight. I don't think my poor nipples could take that much pumping. And once again I didn't pre-plan...

I bought two bathing suits today at Target. They look ok on me. I felt like that character Cathy from the comics with all her angst in trying to find a bathing suit. I had no intentions of buying on at Target but I found two that looked presentable on me (if you don't look at the huge belly) and the two of them were less than I was planning to spend on a decent one from Lands End.

My brother is too much. He didn't tell my SIL that we were going to spend two nights with them when we are in Florida. Aaargh. So I guess we need to look for a hotel for those two nights. She said she didn't mind but really what else could she say? I should have known better and talk directly with her than relying on him.

I called the outlaws and told them we were going to Florida. Stephen wasn't going to tell them until we got back. I know she would have had a fit if we didn't tell them until then, especially if she heard about it from my mom.

Playgroup today was at Leslie's - 30+ miles away. It is a drag driving there and back for such a short time. Jax didn't have school today so at least I didn't have to leave early to rush back to pick him up. She and Sarah gave me a crap load of clothes for Cars so that's good. I will be all set once we hit 12-18 months because I still have most of those clothes. I need to finish packing Sarah's newborn and 3-6 month clothes back up and give them back. Wish I could WHACK that off the list...

No comments:

Post a Comment