Saturday, August 09, 2008

Why am I smiling?

Because tonight I got CARDED when I ordered a margarita! Whoo-hoo! I guess in the dim lights the grey streaks looked blonde. And the wrinkles were not visible, kind of like the soft-focus cameras they use on The Oprah Winfrey Show.

Real Me vs Oprah Camera Me:


I told Stephen that the waitress probably thought I was out to dinner with my dad instead of the date that we were actually on since she did not ask HIM for ID. ;)

So yeah, we actually had a date. First one in what seems like ages. Nanny was available to sit for us (she is hard to get a hold of, mostly because she is busy and Ash has snatched her up during her free weekends!). We went to see "The Dark Knight". I really had no intentions of seeing this movie but Stephen would not go see "Mamma Mia" (I want to see it again) so we saw the Batman movie. It was good in that it actually had a story to it. It was definitely very dark and I appreciated that besides the huge explosions, there was no graphic violence - it was all off-screen. Definitely not a movie for kids.

After the movie (we went to the 6:30 show), we stopped at a restaurant for appetizers and a drink. That is when I got asked for ID! I must have reminded Stephen a dozen times that I got asked for ID!

Earlier today, we took the kids to Gameworks. Jax "earned" a trip there way back at the end of April with buying lunch and not asking a billion times if food had peanuts in it. Sad that just took them now. Anyway, they had a great time. I reminded him how proud he should be to have earned this trip and reminded his brothers how lucky they were that Jax earned it and they benefitted from it.

Oh, and did I mention that this evening I got carded?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment