Monday, August 04, 2008

Summer O'Fun Day 32 (2008)

I had a day'o'fun. I hired a babysitter for four hours and I went for a pedicure, browsed in the craft store and bought more school supplies. It was nice to have time to myself.

When I got home, I set up the slip'n'slide for the kids since the hot weather has returned. Then I made a dinner that nobody liked. Well, it was sweet'n'sour pork over rice. Jax liked the pork and pineapples but not the green pepper or carrots. Dex liked the pork and the carrots but not the pineapple or green pepper. Cars liked nothing except for the side dish of raw sugar snap peas. Stephen was caught in a meeting so he did not eat dinner until about 8 (and he liked it all, thankfully or I think I would have cried).

After dinner, I took the kids to the skateboard park. The tone is definitely a lot different in the evening and the teens let the effinheimers fly frequently despite the "NO PROFANITY" signs posted. My kids had a great time - Cars is now actually scootering rather than running around with sticks and Jax and Dex are trying new things all of the time. They are really looking forward to skateboard camp in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment