Friday, August 01, 2008

Summer O'Fun Day 31 (2008)

I dropped a crap load of money at Co$tco today. It had been ages since I had stocked up on tp, paper towels, Bounce sheets, Oxyclean, etc. Plus, my membership was due so yike$! Plus we were out of ink for the printer. I usually go one of those places that refill your ink cartridges but I kept forgetting to take in the old cartridge so I decided to buy new today since I have been out of ink for over a week.

After the heart attack at the checkout, we came home, had lunch then went to the skateboard park. The kids love it there. Even Cars "graduated" to his two-wheeled scooter from the 4-wheeled one. It was crowded with lots of teenage boys who apparently do not know that ones pants are supposed to be pulled up over ones underwear. I swear I now know who wears boxers, who wears briefs and what brand they all are! Hopefully my kids will know enough to pull their pants UP when they are that age.

Dex with blue-underweared teen boy




Cars and Kins with black-underwear teen boy


And lastly, I need to show you my hostas. Ash was over on Wednesday night and we noticed that my hostas has been nibbled. Upon checking in "Sunset Western Landscaping", I found out that deer love hostas (why not - they have eaten the rest of my front garden!). On Wednesday night, I saw the motion-detector light go off so I looked out the window as a huge buck (4 or 5 point!) walked along my front path. Unfortunately, I did not get the camera in time to take a picture. I was in awe until today...when I saw my hostas!

About five measly leaves left! The deer have not eaten the buds to the flowers - maybe they will wait until they bloom at least. I am ticked! This plant was so lovely last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment