Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Summer O'Fun Day 34 (2008)

It was hot and humid today - ick! Reminded me of a Toronto (or Minneapolis) summer day. We even have a smog alert - so definitely more like Toronto.

I was no not motivated to do anything after I put in 10 minutes of weeding and was drenched in sweat. So the kids played hand-held video games for a couple of hours this morning. After lunch, the older boys had swimming lessons and Cars swam in the rec pool at the club.

The mom's club I belong to had a family picnic at a park so I took the boys (Stephen worked late) and they had a blast running around the park, eating pizza and drinking one can of pop each (then water). Fortunately, it had clouded over so while it was still hot, it would have been very uncomfortable with the sun beating down on us too. I had a good time catching up with the other moms. It is weird a bit too though because my kids are all so "old" and this coming year is the last year that I am eligible to be in this mom's club (you "graduate" once your youngest enters 1st grade). Jax was definitely the oldest kid there.

Lots of people asked me what I was going to do with all my time this year when Cars is in school and I told them I was going to be very selfish with my time and that this school year is all about me! The year of PEZ! ;) I have a few personal goals for the year that I have not yet accomplished (ok, pretty much most of them) but I will get to them. I promise!

Ok, off to bed. It is early but my bedroom is the only room in the house with an air conditioner!

No comments:

Post a Comment