Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer O'Fun Day ?? ++ (2008)

We had a great time at Great Wolf Lodge. There are 11 of the Lodges around so if there is one near you, I highly recommend it! They say you cannot check-in until 4pm but may arrive at 1pm. We arrived at 1 and our room was already ready so we checked in and were in the waterpark before 2pm. There are some great slides and not huge lines since only the guests of the hotel can use the park. They use a ton of chlorine (understandable, especially since we saw POO in the kiddie pool before they promptly closed it to treat it -ick!) so my skin is super dry and I don't know how long it will take to shampoo it out of my hair.

Anyway, we stayed in the waterpark until about 7:30pm then went and put our name in to wait for dinner at one of the restaurants (we avoided the buffet due to cross-contamination concerns with peanuts/nuts). We went to our room, changed and were back down just as our table was ready. There are a lot of things for the kids to do but my kids were completely exhausted from the waterpark so they did not even grouse too much to play in the arcade or do the magic wand thing. Holy cow that is expen$ive ($25/kid plus more if they want to fancy-up their wand). I could see perhaps doing it if we were there a few days but not for a one night trip. We were there for the waterpark!

So, we were back at the park shortly after 10 this morning and stayed until 1pm (you can actually stay right until closing time - 10pm). We changed and drove home. I arrived home to a message from the school letting me know that Cars is "out of compliance" on his immunizations and cannot start school next week unless it is corrected. OMG! I have been running around getting epi pens, arranging meetings with teachers, stocking up on Benadryl, getting school supplies, etc. Everything I need to do but I forgot to schedule his 5 year wellness check appointment with the doctor to get him his 5 year old shots! Boy, do I feel stupid! I called the doctor's office in a panic and they can squeeze him in tomorrow for his shots at 2:40 (right during the Meet'n'Greet, of course) and we've scheduled his wellness check for October since his doctor is on a sabbatical.

So for tomorrow, I have a meeting with Jax's teacher to review his 504 Plan (and no babysitter they will just sit in the hall with their Nintendo DS's, I guess), then the Meet'n'Greet, run ot the doctor's office for Cars' shots, run back to the school (if it is before 3:30) and hand in proof of his up-to-date immunizations). Friday, I have a meeting with Cars' teacher (to go over the 504 Plan) at noon. Ash will be picking her kids up from soccer camp at the park behind the school at the same time so she will watch my kids there for me.

And on the long weekend before school starts, we need to buy some clothes for the kids and hopefully squeeze in a (quick) trip to Vancouver. Go! Go! Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment