Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer o'Fun Day 41 (2008)

It was stinking hot today! We went to the beach and for the first time in ages (years!), I went into the water. I mean more than just past my knees. This lake is sometimes pretty chilly and I hate getting my hair wet in lake water (ick!). But, it was beyond hot as we were sitting there so Spy, Ash and I took the boys' floaties out and floated around the swim area for about half an hour. The cool lake water was very refreshing. Did I mention it was hot? It seems to me that I had never been so hot! I see that it hit 96 degrees in our city but only 90 in Seattle so that is the official high temperature for the day. Tomorrow we are expecting even more heat. I am not complaining, at all! Especially with the bone-chlling winter and spring that we had. I just dream of winning the lottery and installing central air conditioning.

As I am sitting here typing, I am noticing some scabs I have on the back of my knuckles. I got them from trying to install the bike rack on the car the other day -I was trying to get the rack back off after I had wedged it on and my hand slipped and hit the windshield wiper on the back window (this right about the time I started to cry!). Anyway, last night when I was shopping before our book club outing, I stopped in Claire's because apparently I think I am a teenager (I was carded on the weekend, afterall!). Seriously, I decided I *needed* to buy a black bangle bracelet. I tried to try on every black bangle bracelet in Claire's but I could not get them over my knuckles. The clerk asked me if I needed help and I just said that I was looking for a black bangle but I was having a hard time getting them on. She looked at my hands, noticed my huge, scabby knuckles and said "Whoa! Do you box? You have the hands of a boxer!" I could not tell if she were serious or not! I was so embarrassed, said no and rushed out of the store. Humilitated by the Claire's clerk! Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment