Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's Heavenly

Here's a quick review of my Heavenly Bed. It is definitely Heavenly! It has a pillow top which I was a bit unsure of - my last mattress, before it got too old, was very firm and hard - almost like the floor. I love firm mattresses!

That said, however, I always loved the soft, cushy feeling of the Westin Heavenly Beds when I would stay in a Westin (my brother used to work for Starwood so we could get us discounted rates and we stayed in the Westin in Florida as he was the general manager there). If you have ever stayed at a Westin, you will understand. A plush pillow-top mattress with a crisp fitted sheet, flat sheet, down blanket, down duvet and duvet covers. Also, the down pillows. So luxurious and, well, so heavenly. Therefore, when we finally figured that we needed to replace this bed, and I was able to get this bed at a discount via my connections, I went for it!

I wish I could have ordered the nice white bedding too but it was too expen$ive. I have a down duvet already anyway. The last two nights I slept better than I had in months, I think. In fact, I even had a long dream that I was sleeping on a mattress in the sky. What a cliché! But it is true!

Stephen says he still is "trying out" the bed and will reserve judgement about how heavenly it is. Part of it is that he was very reluctant to buy a bed without being able to lay down and try it out. And he was a huge fan of our old super-firm mattress. I told him that if he does hate this bed, in six months we can buy another and this one will be passed down to Jax (who complains that his bed is too hard but I love his mattress but it is only a full-size rather than queen size).

I have not been feeling well most of today and have spent a great deal of it lying in bed, reading the paper, my book, watching tv and surfing the net here on my new bed. Love it! And no backache which I would have with the other bed since it was so old and lumpy. My kids have fun flopping on this cushy bed too. Let's hope Stephen is as convinced as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment