Saturday, August 16, 2008

More hot weather so we did what every one seems to do when it is really hot - we went to see a movie! We took the kids to see Star Wars Clone Wars which opened up yesterday. They loved it, of course.

Afterwards, we drove to the club and were one of a billion groups of people in the swimming pools. But at least we were cool. We left there about 5:30 and headed to Safeway to buy a pre-cooked turkey breast for dinner because there was no way we were turning on the oven, the stove or the grill.

Now I am sitting outside trying to catch a breeze but the air is almost completely still. I am even too hot to get up and water the raspberries or the garden.

Dex and Cars slept in our room last night - the room with the air conditioner. Jax slept over at Gav's. Tonight, I think they will all be in our room.

So, we were supposed to go on a beach vacation this summer. We were a day or two away from booking it (had a tentative booking at a condo in Maui but were waiting to finalize flights) when Stephen's car blew up. He said he could only concentrate on one thing at a time so all of his efforts went into deciding which car, getting the best deal, etc. During this time, his parents were visiting and next thing I knew, our beach vacation was but a distant dream. I am terribly disappointed. The thing is, it is not like we had not budgeted for it. The money for the car did not come from the vacation funds. Stephen then got busy again with work and then all these summer stuff started and here we are, nearing the end of summer, no vacation and one disappointed Pez. Stephen has mentioned a couple of times about a quick trip to Disneyland or Legoland but I do not want to go to either of those places. I want a nice relaxing restful trip where I am not running around to wait in long lines.

Anyway, we are heading into a busy time for work for Stephen so no vacation this year. Thankfully this summer has been good weather-wise. Even the cool spell in July, which of course I complained about, wasn't as long as it has been in past years.

I am thinking I just might take myself on vacation for a few days. Ramona said "Come to Toronto" but I don't want to go there. If I go, I will feel obligated to spend my time with my mother and honestly, I have spent nearly every single vacation for the past 15 years visiting her (the one exception was our trip to Florida nearly 5 years ago). I briefly thought about going for a few days and not telling her but I could not do that. My mom lives 10 minutes from Ramona. I could NOT not tell her I was there (assuming I would stay with Ramona). But even if I stayed at a downtown hotel, I could not do it.

Anyway, the Pez Only vacation will no doubt have to wait. Or will slide away like the Pez family vacation did. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment