Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer O'Fun Day 40 (2008)

We took our annual trip to the locks today. The salmon run this year is supposed to be the biggest since sometime in the 1960's but I think we were a few days (or a week) early because the fish ladder was not teeming with fish as it has been during past visits.

After the visit to the locks (the kids were far less interested in watching the boats this year), we stopped at Archie McPhee's in the Ballard neighbourhood of Seattle. My kids love this junk store. I let them spend up to $20 (of their own money) and this is what they purchased (don't ask me why they bought these things):
Jax: Fake leg and a plastic shrunken head
Dex: Bacon V Tofu and a pack of Itty Bitty Devil Ducks
Cars: Cowboys V Indians plastic figures and pirate bandaids

Weird stuff. Half of the fun was picking out the items, I think.

Tonight, I went to book club. It was stinking hot in our house so I left early to get into some air conditioning. I ducked into the Black and White store (it has some other name but I don't know exactly what it is...oh, I looked it up - White House Black Market and bought a skirt (regularly $88) for $18! Then I went to Macy's and found a pair of Clarks wedge sandals for $16 (regularly $60). Then I sat in the little plaza (there was a nice breeze), wearing my new stuff (I dumped my jean skirt and wedge flip-flops in the car) listening to a band play while I waited for the 8pm reservation for our book club's annual summer outing.

I definitely had fun today. Still making up for yesterday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment