Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer O'Fun Day 48 (2008)



Why are my kids wearing mouthguards? Because Gav fell today at the skateboard camp and broke off one of his front teeth. I am sure my kids will hate me for this but I insist that they wear them at least while I am in the building with them while they are at skateboard camp. Especially Jax since he has had a lot of "worry thoughts" concerning his teeth in the past month or so. I am surprised that he did not freak out about Gav's tooth.

And poor Gav. The dentist said the nerve is not exposed and they cannot get him in to have it repaired until Monday. His tooth kind of looks like this now. Ash took it all in stride and I am just glad that she was the one who picked up the kids from camp today and not me. It happened not long before she arrived. He lost his balance and fell on his face.

At the beginning of the summer, I was chatting with a woman I know who started back to school to become a dentist. She asked me how I liked my new house and I told her the kids loved being able to scooter and skateboard on the cul-de-sac. She told me to make sure that they wore mouthguards and I laughed it off. No more!

I hope they aren't laughed off the half-pipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment