Sunday, August 24, 2008

So at IKEA yesterday, I also bought three new dressers for the boys. Cars' dresser was still the baby change table/dresser combo that we bought before Jax was born. It served its purpose well through three children but it is time to move on.

Both Jax and Dex had dressers that were originally from IKEA but were very cheap. They had plastic slides which broken many times and the drawers were not that deep so it was hard cramming all of their clothes into them.

The dressers we bought from IKEA yesterday are the MALM dressers. OMG! Those dressers are $30 cheaper online than they are at the Seattle IKEA! WHAT?! And I bought three of them! Looks like the shipping rates are high though. I cannot believe it!

~settle down~

Ok, anyway, so we bought three of those dressers. Stephen put them together today and the kids and I went through all of their clothes. It took hours! I now have two garbage bags full of clothes to go to Goodwill and another bag of "good stuff" to sell at a garage sale (yes, I am planning another one). Also, I now have a huge checklist of things to buy for the kids. Jax apparently now only has three pair of underwear, Dex has no socks and Cars needs long-sleeved shirts. All of the clothes they have fit nicely into the new dressers with room to grow.

Ok, I am still irritated about the price of those dressers, besides the shipping rates. The Seattle IKEA catalogue also lists the price at $159. Here I thought I got a great price (they were $169 last year!) but now I feel as though I were robbed. Hrmph!

Now I've put them in my shopping cart and the total shipping is $281.44 (not including taxes). So, I feel better now. ~whew~ I also checked the bookcase I bought (same price) but the shelves are $0.50 cheaper online (not counting shipping). A few other things are cheaper. Is everything more expen$ive at the Seattle IKEA?!

No comments:

Post a Comment