Thursday, April 29, 2004

I am watching a friend's dd today. This poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow describes her perfectly:

There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead;
And when she was good
She was very, very good,
But when she was bad she...

Her nose got out of joint when I asked her to say "please" when she demanded a snack. So I put the snack away and told her she'd had to wait until I offered her a snack a little later (same as I would do with my own children). She kept pouting "BUT I'M HUNGRY NOW!". Too bad. So sad. And I know she is going to say she is hungry again as soon as Friend shows up with the boys (she is picking them up today). I don't feed my kids that often!

I fed Cars almost a whole banana today at lunch! It was overripe so I cut it into cubes and he gobbled it up. I hope he doesn't become constipated. Prunes for dinner! Anyway, I don't think I am feeding him enough or he is going through a growth spurt. I need to figure out what to give him that will keep his belly full longer. Time to introduce meats I guess. He will be nine months next week so I guess it should be fine

CHOKING ALERT: Cars just picked a velcro dot off a baby book that holds the book closed and he was chewing on it. I think I had better step away from the computer and pay more attention to him. Just call me whack mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment