Saturday, November 14, 2009

Spy and Ash's families came over for dinner tonight. I wanted a simple party but of course Stephen wanted a gourmet meal. It was really, really good (teriyaki salmon on cedar planks, stuffed pork loin roast, rosemary potatoes and a salad with a bacon, shallot vinaigrette dressing. Yummy! Dinner was late though (we probably did not eat until about 7:30.

As you all know, I am so not a cook (Stephen made dinner). But, I did make a dessert that seemed to be a hit. It was apple crisp served over ice cream with whipped cream on top. The dessert was a huge hit which was nice because I had to find an apple crisp recipe that was wheat-free and most recipes that I found called for flour or gluten-free flour (rice or spelt) which I did not have.

Oh, I forgot that I also made a cranberry salsa which I thought was a bit too citrus-y (too much lime juice). I got the recipe from Spy's SIL and hers was so much better. Hmmm....maybe she omitted an ingredient on purpose so mine would not be as good as hers! I have read that some people do that! Hmmm.... Spy's SIL is a saboteur! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment