Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Summer O'Fun Day 9 (2008) - Canada Day

Happy Canada Day! Canada is 141 years old! One day, I will spend Canada Day on the lawns outside of the Parliament Hill in Ottawa, joining in the festivities and watching the fireworks when night falls.

I was thinking back to when Stephen and I first made the decision to get married. We originally had planned to be married on July 1 as we would be guaranteed that everyone would have the day off work. We changed it when I realize that my bff would not be able to make a trip back to Canada at that time from the Middle East where she was working. So our next choice was Labour Day weekend.

Anyway, I just think that July 1 would be such a cool day to be married.

And for our Summer o'Fun today, we just hung out at home. Dex had a playdate with a kid from his class. This kid is soooo quiet - I haven't heard him say more than a dozen words!

Next we are heading to the party store to get some supplies for our 4th of July party. I need plates and then some prizes for kids for the games (Bingo).

Afterwards, we are off to Jax's appointment. He is starting to get resentful about going. I think he thinks he is cured. He is doing amazingly well but the psychologist said that the technique he is using takes about 20 sessions and Jax is only about 11 or 12 sessions along. Hopefully by the end of the summer Jax will be far enough along that he can stop going to counselling or at least drop it to every other week.

No comments:

Post a Comment