Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer o'Fun Day 24 (2008)

Today I took the kids to Target and Fred Meyer for some back-to-school shopping. Ok, we were really only shopping for school supplies since this is the week when they are on sale everywhere! Again, I did not have lists so I just picked up the things that I knew I would have to buy such as crayons, pencil crayons ("colored-pencils for you Americans), markers, rulers, erasers and Sharpies. Of course after I got home I had an email from Spy letting me know that the school has now listed the school supplies on their website. Oh well, back out again later in the week so I can hit Staples.

The kids also had a short playdate with some friends before we went out. And I am still de-camping our house.

I mentioned to Jax's psychologist about the friend thing and he told me that it was typical of kids with anxiety and OCD-like traits to be closed off from others and that by continuing to address those issues, it should help in the friendship area too.

One problem that we have is that when I invite one particular child over to play with Jax, he and Dex tend to buddy up so I need to coordinate things so that this kid comes over when Dex is away at a playdate. I'll work on that.

This parenting thing can be so complicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment