Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer o'Fun Day 23 (2008)

The boys went to their last golf lesson for the year. I did not sign them up for the second session which will free up our Mondays for other things.

It was a little sad though because Jax asked Dex to come with him in the 10 year olds group and Dex said he wanted to be with kids his own age. Jax was upset and said "You have friends everywhere so the least you could do is to be with me at golf!". It is true. Dex is very easy going and he gets along with just about everyone. Jax has a harder time making friends because he keeps people at arms length (literally and figuratively) as a way to protect himself from peanuts. He does not connect quickly with others but he does enjoy spending time with them once he knows that they will not tease him about peanuts and will also keep an eye out for them. He's a likeable kid - he's funny and likes to joke, but he does not let anyone get close. Anyway, I got a little teary-eyed as we drove to golf because I could tell he was hurt that Dex would not go with him. I noticed that his counselor had a brochure in the waiting room about helping teach kids to make friends so I think I will ask him about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment