Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer o'Fun Day 26 (2008)

The boys had a playdate here with my friend's two sons. We originally had planned to go to the beach but overcast skies in the morning meant 60*F weather at 11am so we stayed home. The sun eventually came out and the boys went on the slip'n'slide.

This evening, I had to take a "Safety Environment" class at church to learn to recognize and how to report child sexual abuse. The class finished early so I came home to find my van gone (I drove the fast car). I went into the garage and the door from the house to the garage was open. Then I walked in the house and the sliding door to the deck was open as was the door from the kitchen to the deck and the front door. I retraced my steps and saw that in the bathroom, the medicine cabinet was open and so of course I figured there must have been an emergency and Stephen had to rush the kids to the hospital. I picked up the phone and dialled his cell phone. He answered and I hear "beep, beep, beep" in the background - the sound of a cash register. Stephen had the boys at at Target buying popcorn (he is addicted to the popcorn from Target's snackbar). OMG! It was sooooo urgent that they rush out of the house, leave all the doors WIDE open and not leave a note? Geez! Of course he scoffed at me for being alarmed but what if someone stole something? Like my computer? Or my camera? Or his TV?!

Anyway, besides being irritated that he left the house all open, I am miffed that it is past the boys' bedtime and they are at Target buying popcorn. Hrmph!

No comments:

Post a Comment