Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer O'Fun Day 18 (2008)

Monday, so that means golf for the boys. When I picked them up they were all hot and sweaty - P.U.! I hope that means they had fun.

I spent my free time running errands for our upcoming camping trip. Yes, the Griswolds are going camping again. We have opted for a new location this year as Ocean Shores is always way too cold. We are headed to the other side of the mountains this time so that means hot, hot, hot weather. And dry conditions so no campfire! Yikes! We just found out today about the burn ban so we need to make some menu changes since we cannot cook a steak over the fire and I am not too keen on pan-fried steak.

One of the things on my to-do list was to buy a life vest at Fred Meyer and of course I picked on that did not have a tag on it. Then the cashier could not get anyone in the sporting goods department to pick up the phone to get the UPC or skew number and the lady behind me started huffing and puffing and G-R-O-A-N-I-N-G! I was initially embarrassed but then I thought it was funny and I almost laughed right in her face. Seriously, I was at the "About 12 Items" check out (with 11 items) for over 5 minutes. The poor cashier was calling and calling and paging and calling supervisors and no one would call her back or come over. Eventually, a supervisor did arrive and they figured it out but not before the groaning and huffing and puffing lady muttered to the man behind her "Of course I had to pick this lane!". I was thisclose to asking the cashier to give me rain checks for the crackers and liquid soap that they were out just to be spiteful but then I glanced at the "Complaint Free World" bracelet on my wrist so I skipped out of there. ;)

Ok, off to make dinner and then gather more camping gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment