Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer o'Fun Day 29 (2008)

Today, I watched Spy's kids for the day. My boys were soooo excited to have a full-day playdate. They played Lego, watched tv, played video games, ran around outside and rode Dex's Green machine and scooters. While we were outside (I was weeding, as usual), we saw a young stag walk down my neighbour's driveway. He stood and watched us for a few moments then walked up another neighbour's driveway then walked across their lawn and disappeared into the woods behind their house. So cool!

We also made "sculptures" using polymer clay. The boys had a good time trying to figure out what to make. Jax made a clown, Dex made a two-headed gorilla, Cars made a big pile of nothing (uh, he would say it was his "sculpture", Spy's youngest made a snake with a bum, her other son made a "guy" (her dd was not here at that time). Ash's ds was here then too and he was going to make Homer Simpson but decided on a donut instead. Anyway, I think they had a great time making them. I baked them and my kids will paint theirs later this week.

Ash's dh is away on business so she came over for dinner (Stephen worked late). We had fun poking around my garden and planning what to do with the big patch in the middle of my lawn (there used to be a tree but now it is a big stump). Anyway, we had pizza and "S'moreos" for dessert (S'mores made with Oreos - we invented it while camping a couple of weeks ago). Yummy!

We ended the evening with a Cosmo. Life is good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment