Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer o'Fun Day 27 (2008)

A lazy summer day. We had no plans for the day so we just hung out around here. Dex set up his tether ball set that he received for his birthday. It came with a little ball and paddles as well as a larger tether ball to hit with your hand. He and Jax liked hitting with the paddles until...

Jax hit the little ball too hard and it broke off (it is the little yellow ball on the left flying towards the garden). Oops!

The kids also had a contest to see who could hold ice in their mouth the longest

(Jax won)


Usually, I let Cars walk around with my old Canon SureShot camera and he loves taking pictures and videos. Today, I let him use my Nikon camera and he took about 150 pictures (including the ones of his brothers above) and this one of me with my freckles and wrinkles.


Dex then wanted a turn and took a picture of the ice in his cup. I was expecting to have to delete it but it turned out pretty cool!


Anyway, I was thinking that today was not much fun but I think we all benefitted from the low-key day. We did walk to the library so I guess it was not a total waste. Jax and Dex received their prizes from the library for reaching their reading goals (they are surprisingly nice - Vivitar binoculars!). Cars has another few hundred minutes to go to reach his goal. Thankfully he picked a book out that we can read (he tends to insist on check out out Spanish-language books).

No comments:

Post a Comment