Friday, July 25, 2008

Summer o'Fun Day 27 (2008)

Today, Jax had a playdate in the morning (see Tuesday's post) while Dex and Cars just hung out here with me. I did some things around the house then a couple of hours after I picked Jax up, we headed to the skateboard park. I am very proud of how Jax and Dex are progressing with their skateboarding.

Here are some short videos of them at the skatepark (from Tuesday):
Jax
Dex
And here is Cars doing his own thing at the skateboard park (this video is a little longer and the camera was turned sideways - oops!)

After dinner this evening, I ran to Nordstrom's to get some LancĂ´me foundation . I have been in need of foundation for a couple of weeks but I had to wait until there was a "gift with purchase" because that is the only time I ever buy foundation. And I virtually never buy eye shadow because I just use the free stuff (except the one time when the the free eye shadow was a palatte of greens - ick!).

Nordstrom also has its Anniversary Sale on at the moment so I thought I would check out some bras. A couple of my bras are not fitting so well these days and I was thinking I was shrinking so I tried on a couple that were a cup size down and they did not fit so I had to ask for help (which I should have done in the first place). Now, I knew I was wearing an old bra but I did not think much about it when I got dressed this morning. The bra fitter took one look at it and started pointing out all the things wrong with it (puckered cups, stretched band and let's not mention that it used to be pink but is now a kind of greyish/peach) and then she told me I must throw it directly in the trash when I got home. Scolded by the Nordstrom Bra Fitter - how humiliating!

As it turns out, the girls are not shrinking but the old bra is just not doing its job. I mentioned to her that I had purchased two bras at last year's Anniversary Sale too and she told me that I must throw those ones out too. Now, does she not realize that bras are expen$ive? I mean, even on sale, they are not cheap and there are no gifts with purchase in the lingerie department! Of course, she was hoping that I would buy three or four (or 5!) bras right then and there to replace my raggedy old bras but I was doing no such thing. She ranted and raved about one particular bra that of course was NOT on sale and cost more than I have ever even paid for a pair of jeans - and everyone can see my jeans!. I did feel pressured though so in the end I purchased two ecru bras (does that sound better than "beige"?).

However, I now need to find a pink bra before September (I always wear a pink bra to my mammogram for good luck) because the used-to-be-pink one I am wearing will be in the trash momentarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment