Friday, July 11, 2008

50 by 50

Last night at book club, one of the other members mentioned that she had started rowing at a local rowing club and that rowing was on her "40 by 40" list. Katie had a "30 by 30" list. Those are such great ideas! Sadly, those milestones have past me by so I started thinking about a 50 by 50 list. I did think briefly about making a "45 by 45" list but that does not quite have the same impact (nor does it give me enough time to accomplish them and why would I set myself up for failure before I even start?!).

So, a 50 by 50 list gives me a number of years to accomplish a many things that I have always wanted to do. I have started the list already and have a few things on it.

1) Run a 5k race
2) Learn to play the guitar (lessons start in the fall!)
3) Become an American Citizen
4) Take a road trip in an RV *

* Ok, I am pretty sure that this will never happen with my family since Stephen thinks this is a form of torture, but maybe I will do it with just the boys or with some friends. Road trip to Vegas, baby! ;)

So, not much of a list so far but it is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment