Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer O'Fun Day 8 (2008)

We spent the morning going to Costco. I needed gas (it was 12 cents cheaper per gallon than the Shell station near my home) and to stock up in stuff for our 4th of July party. Of course I don't know what I was thinking, or rather NOT thinking, because I missed about 8 things on my list so it looks like I will have to go back later in the week.

This afternoon, we made Rose Art Super Shrink Art - (aka Shrinky Dinks though I guess that is a brand-name). The kids had a blast drawing and I got a super huge kick out of watching them shrink in the oven (they had lost interest at that point but thoroughly enjoyed the outcome). I guess you can use the plastic that berries come in for shrink art too but I haven't tried that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment