Sunday, June 01, 2008

Yesterday was Dex's 8th birthday. He had a baseball game at 5pm then we went to Red Robin for dinner. We did not get there until 7:20 and did not get a table until 8! I was mad and we would have left except that Dex really, really, really wanted to eat there for his birthday dinner. The manager offered us free appetizers for the wait but we just wanted our entrees and to go home so he could open his gifts.

By the time we got home, it was way past their bedtimes and Dex did not want his "cake" (which was Nanaimo Bars) because he had a headache. He opened his gifts and went to bed. Poor boy. :(

Today was Little League Day at Safeco Field. I had purchased just two tickets, thinking that Stephen could take Dex down there with the rest of his team. Yesterday though, Jax expressed an interest in going which was HUGE because in the past, he has always been concerned about peanuts and peanut shells there. Anyway, Spy had two extra tickets since she and dd could not go so we bought them and Stephen took all three boys to the game. They all paraded on the field with a gazillion other Little Leaguers then watched the Mariners lose to the Tigers in the 9th inning. Stephen said Jax was amazing, he had to walk through a sea of peanut shells at one point and he barely even flinched (though he did want to wipe off his shoes later).

While they were at the game, I made new curtains for my kitchen. The yellow are the old and the blue/red striped are the new:


And another one over the sink:


I did not make them as full as the others were because I think it would have looked odd with the stripes. I am not in love with them so I will keep looking for curtains or fabric that I like better. I would rather the blue a bit more cobalt blueish.

No comments:

Post a Comment