Tuesday, June 17, 2008

School's almost out for summer!

Today was the last full day of school for Jax and Dex. And Jax bought his lunch! Whoo-hoo! This is a goal that we set back in January not long after he started seeing his counselor. He had purchased lunch two other times - once Stephen met him for lunch and once I met him for the family bbq but he hadn't purchased it on his own since the very beginning of the school year. He rocks! I am so proud of him. He was a little nervous when I told today had to be the day (I had been asking him every few days for over a month). But he did it and he said he was proud of himself because in the end he was not nervous. Hurray for Jax!

I *finally* spoke to Ramona for the first time in what seemed like MONTHS. She updated her blog too.

My brother and his family are coming for the weekend. I hope the weather is nice. And I hope that Lola doesn't like to eat Lego. It is everywhere in this house!

Tomorrow I have to run to Safeway in the morning to buy a gift card and flowers for Jax's teacher from the class. And I need to write a very nice note to Dex's teacher - she has been terrific this year plus when I asked her to put him in a particular class next year she did it (ssshhh! it is a secret). I just found out about it and there was a little glitch but I will trust her judgement when it comes to Dex and his education.

Our first Summer o'Fun thing will be tie-dyeing shirts on Friday. Let's hope the weather is nice (not counting on it really).

No comments:

Post a Comment