Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer O'Fun Day 7 (2008)

Today, we were to meet a group of families from the food allergy group support/info group that I belong to at a park but there was some confusion about where exactly we were to meet and no way to identify anyone in the group. In the end we ended up chatting briefly with a couple of families. The area of the park we were in was PACKED (a new "water feature" was recently added and since it was hot today, eleventy billion people showed up) so we left. Hopefully we can meet with some families again sometime and that things might be a little more organized.

I do not post much on that board much since I found out that Jax's psychologist is a member. In fact, he posted on there yesterday (well, I am 99% sure it is him since only he signed only his first name but he suggested that children with anxiety can benefit from seeing a child psychologist and using biofeedback to teach calming techniques). I did, however, post a couple of weeks ago asking for opinions about what to do about Music Teacher and am very grateful for the advice that I received. But I am second guessing my decision to post, knowing that he has read it. What to do... hmmm... Hope he isn't reading here too! =:o

It is funny because part of me wants to be anonymous and of course part of me doesn't. Most of the people who read this "know" me online from a stay-at-home mom's forum that I started posting at in '00. Then of course Ramona reads here as I gave her the link and I gave it to one of my brother's too. The second brother found it accidentally when I forwarded something to him that had my blahg link it it (my 3rd brother does not read here and nor does my sister thankfully because then I would have a lot of editing to do). ;) Another reader is a friend from high school (we dated for like 2 weeks) and of course the very few others who read here because I read their blogs too.

Oh, and how can I forget Spy, who found my blahg after searching online after I mentioned that I had a blahg. Once, I accidentally posted a comment on Crazy Aunt Purl's blog with my real name but the link to this blahg. How I wish I could delete that comment!

Oh, and I cannot forget the ex-bf who found me via a Google search on his name. I mentioned in the "Bookmarks" post onceuponatime - I posted before blogspot became linked to Google so I never dreamed that his rather common name would ever come up in a Google search?! He read my post, saw my picture, saw Ramona's name and knew Pez was me. He did apologize for treating me so poorly after reading that post, so perhaps it was not a bad thing that he found my blahg. ;)

So I am not nearly as anonymous as I thought I was. I don't really worry about people stalking me or my kids but I do worry about hurting people's feelings. Hell, this is actually my second blahg - the first I wrote some mean things about someone on the SAHP forum and then felt badly, deleted my blahg and started fresh. I have deleted posts about my IL's and another friend because, while I do vent and probably say some things that might be hurtful, it is not my intention to actually hurt people which is why I "anonymously" blahg about them.

Anyway, I don't know why I am even typing this...maybe because I am thinking of closing or ending this blahg and starting over (again!)? And if I did that, would my new blog have a "theme" or would I go with the same blather that I do now? I don't know. And here we have yet another decision I cannot make.

I'm having a blogger identity crisis!

No comments:

Post a Comment