Monday, June 16, 2008

I met with the principal today and the meeting went well. I did not cry (my lower lip did quiver a bit though). I explained to her what happened and what the teacher told me and what he told Jax. I told her that Jax was shocked and uncomfortable. I never mentioned the word bully but she did. She said she would talk to the teacher and she would deliver Jax's note to him too. She kept going back to the peanut butter pancakes to clarify if the teacher had said this to me or just to Jax (it was just to Jax).

I am satisfied with the meeting and I do not really expect to hear back from her. The principal said she would use this example when training her staff next year about what NOT to say (without using Jax's name). I sent her an email to follow up and document our discussion.

These past few days have been stressful for me. I hate confrontation, even when I know I am right or it is for a worthy cause. I am not articulate when I speak. I flub words and get tongue-tied. I want to be a great advocate for my kids and while I know I am in my heart, it kills me that I cannot get these things across without so much anxiety and fumbling. Today I did better than I have in the past but still far from being graceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment