Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Boo!

It was a cold night for trick-or-treating. The boys had a blast going door-to-door. Ash and her family (and dog) came with us. She and Gar bickered about the cold until she finally told him to go back to our house with Stephen.

Here are the boys in their oh-so-original costumes:


Cars had a blast but then he decided his candy bag was too heavy and he tried to send me to the doors to get more. Finally, I carried his bag and he just stayed on the sidewalk. By this point it was pretty frosty and he was wearing his coat with his hands tucked in his pockets.

One house was giving out treats to the parents...a Bud Light in aluminum bottles with a Halloween theme (the guy works for Anheuser-Busch). And I don't know if it were the bottle or the fact that it was 33 degrees outside but that beer was FROSTY. My lips stuck to the bottle!

Robin gave me a link to NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). The challenge is to post everyday in the month of November. Since I normally post inane things daily, I am sure it will not be too difficult for me to do it. Heh

Jax's class party went well today. Laurie made pumpkin seed brittle (think peanut brittle with out the child-killing peanuts in it), pumpkin cream cheese frosting and orange soda/ice cream punch served out of a carved out pumpkin. It was great! I made my best-ever sugar cookies in the shape of pumpkins that the kids spread the frosting on then they used sprinkles. The craft (similar to this but with a fall/leaves motif) was a hit with the moms but notsomuch with the kids. I will have to plan something different next time. This was the first year since we've been at the school that the kids were allowed to wear costumes at school. It was fun to see the kids get so excited to show off their costumes. Jax had his (minus the scythe and the black face paint) on and he had the hood down so low that it was not until the end of the party that Laurie even knew it was him!

Ok, so now I have written a book! Perhaps I should have signed up with NaNoWriMo?!

No comments:

Post a Comment