Sunday, October 22, 2006

Crafty

I have been very crafty these past couple of weeks. These are things I have been working on:


Pumpkin decorations which are just rolls of toilet paper, wrapped in a 22" square of fabric with some plastic grocery bags for stuffing. Add a pipe cleaner and a crumpled paper lunch bag and voila!


More pumpkins. Regular pumpkins covered in glitter! They look better IRL. I got this idea from Martha Stewart.


These are beaded plant stakes/picture holders. I was trying out a craft to maybe use at MOPS. It turned out ok. If I use it we'll use smaller beads.


I love these keychains. I think I might make them for everyone for Christmas. Instructions can be found here. I think this will be a MOPS craft too.


And speaking of MOPS crafts, these decoupaged mirrors was this past week's craft. Use Mod Podge to stick napkins to a mirror (from IKEA). This craft was a real hit!


Pumpkin and "Harvest" holiday pencil party favours. This is for Jax's "Harvest Party". Each pumpkin is filled with Hershey Kissables which are peanut-free. I have made 17 of 24. I ran out of crepe paper because it was so thin, I had to double it to make them strong enough. I also ran out of Kissables but I think it was because I ate them. Need to buy more of each tomorrow.


Working on another booga bag. This one is a little larger than the others I have made and I have doubled the thickness of the bottom to give it more support.


I made five of these undershirts for my mom to give to my SIL's who are expecting babies! I guess I can tell everyone now that Jean-Paul and Marilyn are expecting a baby in May. I think I mentioned already that my brother, Wally (Fiona's dad) and his wife are expecting a baby in January. Whoo-hoo! Anyway, this was another Martha Stewart craft.

It has been fun making these items. I am looking forward to being even craftier in the upcoming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment