Monday, October 02, 2006

I promised myself I would not volunteer to do too many things this year because things got so crazy last year, especially in May. Plus I had already signed up to do crafts for MOPS (Mom's club) and that is a big job. So what happens? September rolls around and wouldn't you know I have a full plate again.

* MOPS Crafts (crafts for 44 moms every 2 weeks through the end of May).
* Sunday School Support/Supply person for 3 yr olds class (Ugh, why did I do this?!)
* Art Start teacher for Dex's class
* Room Mom for Jax's class

Ok, the Art Start should be fairly straightforward as long as I follow the curriculum and stop trying to come up with neat ideas for the kids to do especially when a good chunk of the parents are unwilling to pay the extra $$ for the special art projects. (And Kimmer, if you are reading this...I am still trying to locate my Art Start curriculum from last year - sorry!).

Room Mom for Jax's class should be ok too. Laurie is co-Room mom with me so together we need to plan three class parties and collect funds from the parents for these parties. By being Room Mom, I can control the food that comes into the classroom thereby alleviating stress from worries about peanut ingredients in the food.

The support/supply person for Cars' Sunday School class should not be a big job but it is just the planning to get into the church on certain days to ensure that the craft supplies are prepped and ready for the teachers each Sunday. I used to do it on Friday mornings when Nanny was here watching Cars and Dex. Now I will have to do it while Cars is with me.

And I am trying to get all of the supplies together for MOPS now so that all I will need to do throughout the year is a bit of prep work (cutting or sorting). If I plan it right, it should be not very stressful at all. The key word being IF. The part of being the Crafts person though that bugs me is that I am on the Steering Committee so I have to attend a meeting once each month. Not a big deal but it is to be held between the Masses on Sunday. The stress comes in by trying to rush from Mass to drop off Dex and Jax at their RE classes then running to pick up Cars from Sunday School and dragging him to the meetings. I know everyone just thinks "Have Stephen do it" but he does not go to church with us. I pray each week for him to return to church and that just pisses him off. :)

Anyway, we'll see how this works out (or doesn't).

No comments:

Post a Comment