Sunday, October 01, 2006

Blogger is bugging me. It is not saving my drafts and I had umpteen problems posting last week. Aargh!

I spent a good chuck of yesterday weeding through old emails so that when I install Outlook on my laptop, I will start fresh with no old mail. While going through it all, I found a batch of email from my friend Jackie. Those notes chronicled the last two years of her life. Good news about her MRI results, some wedding planning details, chatty notes about an upcoming vacation. Then an email about an MRI that showed her brain tumour growing again. Jackie's next surgery, her recovery, her first wedding anniversary, her 35th birthday, her setback, and the last email from her email address was actually from her mother stating that Jackie was too ill to reply herself. Those last two notes were hard to read. One, because it was so full of typos and I knew it was so physically hard for Jackie to type it out. And the last one from her mom because the hope was obviously gone.

Jackie always used to assert that she was going to throw the biggest bash on her 80th birthday. In the note after her wedding she wrote "I am so glad you had a great time. But if you think that was fun, wait until my 80th birthday party!".

My friend, what we all would have given to attend that bash.

No comments:

Post a Comment