Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Summer O'Fun Day 26

We spent a good chunk of the day at the beach. Kids had a great time. I am a little red where I did not apply sunscreen well. Cars did a face plant in the water trying to reach down for a rock and panicked when he got water in his face. He wasn't far from me but when it happened it seemed like he was miles away. It all seemed to happen in slow motion. He also ran off as we were walking back to the car. I think I need to get him a leash.

Craft today was sand art (glue on dark construction paper then add sand) but no one was interested in doing it. I must be premenstrual because I got a little pissy with my kids about it. Dex said we could take sand home and do it there and I said no way. How childish of me.

Book club was fun. Everyone enjoyed the book. One of the women always had weird thoughts about the characters or situations in the book. For instance, in this book a man took advantage of a situation where Jews were robbed of their belongings during WWII. He then bought them for little money but they were worth hundreds or thousands of dollars (he made his fortune this way). She took it as he saw a business opportunity and took it while the rest of us where abhorred by his behaviour. Another time she liked a character who was mean and cruel but she did not think he was (and clearly the author wanted us to see him this way). Strange.

Anyway, no meeting until the middle of September. I will have to re-read The Time Traveler's Wife by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment