Saturday, July 23, 2005

I have been power-walking every night for an hour with my neighbours and I am gaining weight! How is that possible? Aargh.

Today I spent well over an hour dusting and re-arranging my PEZ collection. I have 312 dispensers on display plus 2 Giant Pez dispensers, a Pez car, a Pez truck, Pez Christmas ornaments, Pez magnets, Pez popcorn (gross!), three motorized Pez dispensers, a Pez bobblehead, various Pez keychains, watches, lip balm and party favours. I get giddy looking at the Pez because some of them I love so much! Our oldest one is a Popeye that once belonged to Stephen's cousin's husband. He bought it when he was a young boy in the 1950's. My favourite Pez is a Road Runner Pez (also somewhat rare) and a snowman Pez (one of the first ones Stephen bought for me when we first started dating in 1986). I wish I had had a bride and groom Pez for the top of our cake when we were married. However, they were extremely rare (and expensive), the bride fetching upwards of $1500. They have since re-issued the bride and groom (available directly from Pez for $30/pair).

I see now that there are Bratz Pez which I am in no hurry to add to my collection. I am still always on the lookout for Mr. Bean Pez and I saw some Japanese Barbapapa mini-Pez on eBay. My cabinet is nearly full though so I am not sure what I will do when I get more. In my dream house I will have a Pez room and I will have Pez posters and other memorabilia. In the meantime I will just keep crowding them in the cabinet and hope we do not have an earthquake that will knock them all down like dominos.

No comments:

Post a Comment