Sunday, July 03, 2005

Now we're cooking

I went to Sears today and bought a new range/oven and hood. I didn't think we needed a new hood but Stephen insisted that we get one if we were getting a new range. We've been having problems lately with our oven and the stove top burners no longer work on "LO". Plus Jax broke the lock to the self-cleaning oven when we moved in here 6 years ago so I have to use oven cleaner which has ruined the finish inside a little. And because the self-cleaning feature does not work I do not even clean it often enough anyway. The oven is original to the house (16 years).

Stephen said he wanted to get a new oven next month but Sears had a 4th of July Weekend sale that ends tomorrow. The stove was on sale plus I saved 10% by charging it to my Sears account. No payments or interest until July 2006 and free delivery. So of course we could not wait another month. I bought the Kenmore that was rated #1 in Consumer Reports May edition. Stephen will be happy to have a new range and maybe it will help me with my cooking too. ;)

Tomorrow is our barbeque. Looks like it is going to be a nice day afterall. Today is sunny but barely 70 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment