Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Summer O'Fun Day 25

Today was probably the hottest day of the summer so far. We went to the park to see "Reptile Man", who has the unfortunate real name of Scott Peterson. I swear the adults in the crowd all gasped a little when he said his name. It was fun for the kids (except for B who screamed and cried and ended up sitting on my lap with Cars (she is 7 yrs old).

Afterwards we came home with my friend Rachel and her kids (her middle son was in Dex's preschool class when they were 3). The boys all did slip'n'slide (surprised?) for an hour. I swear it is the best summer toy EVER!

I am in the middle of colouring my hair - 15 minutes to go. Light Golden Brown with highlights. I might not add any highlights this time since I am sure the brassy ones from last time will show through.

Stephen is working late...(pause)...oh, he just walked in the door and in not impressed that I told the kids they could stay up until 9pm. Oh well! :P

I finished "The Time Traveler's Wife" this morning. I really enjoyed the book but I rushed through the last bit because I wanted to know how it ended. I need to go back and re-read a few parts but overall I loved the story and how the book was written. Tomorrow night is book club but we are discussing the book I finished three books ago - "Broken For You". I need to skim through it tomorrow to remember parts I want to discuss.

Ramona is going to look for a wedding dress tomorrow. I hope she finds one she likes!

No comments:

Post a Comment