Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Summer O'Fun Day 10

We went to a park in the city that I have never been to before. It was really cool - it had a huge covered area that was good because it did threaten to rain. Anyway, the place has two totem poles (forgot my camera) that are huge and very impressive.

The planned activity was to paint a mural but I told the kids it was a totem pole so they could tell us the story of their painting after they had finished. I had a long roll of paper and I divided it into 2' sections for each kid (some moms painted too). They had such a blast painting it and then sharing their stories. I brought the painting home and took individual photos of each section then cropped them together. You can see it here.

I had taped down the paper and as we were telling the stories, the wind picked up and ripped the paper in half through the heart that Ash had painted. It was ironic because she found out this morning that she has to have an angiogram because she has been having heart pains and flutters for a few months and the meds the cardiologist put her on haven't helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment