Friday, July 22, 2005

Summer O'Fun Day 23

I paid Nanny for 1.5 hours today while I read a friggin book. Can you believe it? It was my original intention to take Jax shopping for pants at 8am when she arrived but I slept a little late and was not ready to go when she arrived. Then I blow dried my hair (which takes a long time but not as long as usual since I am going BALD again) while reading "The Time Traveler's Wife". (OMG That book is so good). So after I finished getting ready I sat on the bed and read until 9:30. Jax was going to a friend's house for the day (the friend whose tooth-fairy gives video games) so I took him there then spent the next 40 minutes trying to drive 6 miles along to parkway to go shopping. Paying Nanny while I sat in traffic was worse than paying her while I read a book!

I called my MIL today and spoke to her for the first time in months. She put me on the biggest guilt trip than my mother has even ever done.
MIL: Sighing heavily "It will be so nice to have everyone finally together for once" (~sniffle~)

Eeek! Even my mom does not cry when she says she wishes we all lived closer to her. Of course my mom is used to it since 4/5 of her children do not live within 1000 miles of her while Stephen is the only one of his siblings to dare move away.

Anyway, MIL is now going to make elaborate plans to get us all together for a family portrait while we are there. Guess we need to take some dressy clothes with us now.

Now I am sighing heavily.

No comments:

Post a Comment