Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Ok I am an emotional wreck. Broke down in the pediatrician office today. Told her about the ppd and she asked me why I wasn't on any meds. I explained to her that as long as I was nursing Cars I would not take anything that might affect him - passing any chemical to him in my breast milk. Much of that stems from my guilt of Jax's peanut allergy and the fact that he most likely became allergic due to the vast quantities of peanut butter I consumed while pregnant and nursing. Then through my sobs I had to convince her that I really was ok and that I was so much better than I was months ago.

On a better note, Cars' ear infection has cleared up completely. Dex has a sinus infection and the beginnings of an ear infection so he gets a round of Augmentin since the Amoxicillian did not clear it up last time. Today was his 4 year check-up. He weighs 39 pounds and is 42.25 inches tall which puts him in the 75th percentile for height.

Yesterday I went shopping at Old Navy (took a slight detour home from the psychologist's office). I bought Jax a Hooded Sweatshirt. When I gave it to him he was so delighted and he immediately put it on then ran for his ball cap, put that on too and said "Look at me! I'm a teenager!" He wore it all the rest of the evening. He thinks he looks ultra-cool. I think he looks like a hoodlum - a cute one. I also bought all three boys matching Flag t's in olive.

Dex's upper incisor finally popped through. See? He was teething!

Gladys Kravitz Watch
Too much rain lately for me to be up on the perch.

No comments:

Post a Comment