Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Can't sleep. Well, I did sleep - from 8:30pm until 1am because I had a horrible migraine. The worst in years. Then Cars awoke so I fed him, put him back to bed and I've been awake ever since. I've done the crossword from yesterday's paper, read some of the forums, paged through a magazine and ate some (you guessed it) Chips Ahoy! cookies. Hmmm...now what?

Stephen leaves in 3.5 hours for Mpls.

There was a nice article about my SIL and her business in the Vancouver Sun today (yesterday). Stupid site - you need to be a paid subscriber to access the article. Anyway, she is hoping it drums up some business for her company.

Took Dex to a b-day party on Sunday. Man, I thought I was an anal and controlling mom. Jen tried to control the 4 year olds way more than I did at Dex's party. At least I know I am not the only no-fun-mom around.

Stephen took Dex and Jax to see Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban on Sunday. I am a little jealous because I wanted to go see it. I could have arranged for a babysitter for Cars but really I want to go see it without any distractions (read: KIDS). Nanny is coming on Wednesday evening so perhaps I will go then.

As much as I would tell anyone who would listen that I DO NOT IRON. I do. In fact I think I use the iron virtually everyday to press my t-shirts or get the wrinkles out of my jeans that got all crispy and hard air-drying in the laundry "room". I even press the boys' clothes from time-to-time. Anyway, now that the dirty little secret it out, I can admit that I burnt myself on the iron today. I have a lovely check-mark shaped burn on my forearm from reaching around the iron and not quite clearing it. Did it ever hurt! Needed to nurse it with Chips Ahoy!

And speaking of Chips Ahoy!, I need to go back to bed before the package summons me back to the pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment