Friday, March 06, 2009

Stephen and I had a date tonight. It was good to sit and talk because he has been so busy lately that we haven't seen each other. We talked about vacation (most likely NOT happening during Spring Break), going to Toronto for a visit and buying a new vehicle. And we talked about the kids of course.

We went to a local restaurant where we had a gift certificate. I had joked that we had better go and use the gift certificate before the place closes. But maybe it was not such a joke after all! I ordered a Cosmo (it is Cosmo Friday after all!) and they brought it in a low ball glass instead of a martini glass. The waitress gave some dumb excuse that they had recently broken all of their martini glasses but had some more on order. Hmmm... Then, after we had paid but were finishing up our drinks, she asked for the check billfold because "we only have a few and I need it for another check". Hmmm... Then, I went to the bathroom and it was a mess! Trash all over the floor and the soap dispenser was empty. I could not believe it! We have to go back and use the second gift certificate very soon!

The boys were excited that Nanny came to babysit. I think it has been about three months since they had seen her. She has a very nice job these days. The family she is a nanny for recently took a vacation to Hawaii and took her along to watch their child! She saw Bill Gates twice in the restaurant at the resort so imagine the nice place they stayed. Maybe I need to become a nanny to get my trip to Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment