Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I went to Target tonight and it was a ghost town! Where are all the shoppers?! I had to buy a birthday present for my niece and to buy a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Cleaner (thanks for the coupon, Stacy!). It seemed like I had the run of the store to myself.

Before I went, Stephen and I took the kids to dinner at the same place that Stephen and I went on Friday night (we needed to use the other gift certificate that we had). Jax and Dex had the kids' steak dinner but Cars insisted on "Oodles of Noodles". I resented paying that much money for like 25 cents worth of buttered noodles. Aargh!

I spent much of this afternoon making Origami Jumping Frogs for Dex's Funny Money Bazaar at school. The kids make something (or bring in things) to sell. Normally, we make Nanaimo bars but he wanted to do something different this time so the frogs and he is also making paper bag puppets. The problem with both of these projects is that there was too much parental involvement needed! He was not as precise as he needed to be when folding the paper for the frog so I ended up taking over (control freak much?). Then Dex needed help here and there with the stupid, I mean, silly puppets. Hours and hours worth of work and he still does not have enough for the class yet. Next time he's making Nanaimo bars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment