Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I stopped by the local jewellry shop today to buy some silver cleaner. I found my stash of 1990's-era silver earrings and bracelets that are all tarnished so I thought I might clean them up and maybe start wearing them. Anyway, while I was in the store I asked to have my rings cleaned. Stephen bought my 10th anniversary band there. Well, actually, I picked it out, ordered it but made him hand over the credit card when it came in. He (really him this time) bought me a set of pearls, amethyst earrings/necklace and I bought his 40th birthday present - a watch - from this place over the years so I figure they owe me a free ring cleaning once a year. :) Oh, the store owner even offered to clean my diamondoid earrings which I was terribly embarrassed about but they do look much nicer now. I bought them for $50 many years ago at Mervyn's.

Anyway, I was told that the prongs on my engagement ring were worn down and I need to have them replaced soon or I might lose the diamond. He told me the price, which I thought was reasonable (way less than the deductible should I lose the diamond!), so I will take it back there in the coming weeks to have it done.

The place was suprisingly busy for two in the afternoon. One lady was buying a ring, another was picking up something that she had repaired. A third bought a gold chain. And one woman brought her husband to pick up the bracelet that she had designed. It was a huge diamond bracelet (think tennis bracelet with BIG diamonds) between two thin, wavy gold bracelets. I guess she had it designed that she could take the gold bracelets off and just wear the diamonds alone. It was gorgeou$! And she was buying it "just because".

Me? I walked out of there with my $5 silver cleaner and some pretty shiny rings. Oh yeah, and clean diamondoid earrings too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment