Sunday, January 14, 2007

We did not do much this weekend. It is still cold and it snowed again yesterday. This is getting ridiculous!

No school for the boys tomorrow (MLK Jr. Day). We are invited to a birthday party (Ding-Dong girl's brother turns 4). I will need to run out in the morning to buy him a gift and to go to Michaels and Joann's to get supplies for Thursday's MOPS meeting. Thursday will also be our table's day for bringing food so I will take a breakfast casserole and some juice. BTW, OJ has not been a good price since the beginning of the year. What is that all about? Everyone trying to get healthy with their New Year's resolutions so the stores do not have to put OJ on sale? Normally, I would just not buy it until it was on sale but Cars drinks calcium-fortified OJ at lunch and dinner since he cannot drink milk (for breakfast he gets apple juice and 2 calcium supplements).

I was supposed to teach Art Start in Dex's class on Friday. I don't imagine it will get rescheduled this month because I don't really have the time. I'll see if one of the other moms can do it. Also, I am working with someone to do that class' auction project. No idea what we are doing, when it is due or anything. Well, I know it is due before the auction which is in mid-March. Now we have to come up with a great idea for a project that people will want to bid on and that will not cost the classroom parents a lot of money. I saw these ideas and thought they were neat and could be done for under $100 (or less than $5/per child):

= a chess set made from an IKEA table ($15) and the chessmen will be made by screwing different shaped wood pieces together. The kids will paint the pieces and we'll put a picture of each child on one of the light coloured squares on the table
= a collage of sun print paper - each child will make one sun print and we'll frame them in white. I think it would look pretty
= mosaic bird bath (I stole this idea from here: http://www.seattleschools.org/schools/alki/auction2005/studentart.htm
= celebration chair (this one is done all the time though)

I am meeting with another mom this week and hopefully we can decide what we are going to do and get cracking on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment