Monday, January 22, 2007

Mystery Box

Today, Purolator delivered a package to us from Canadian Favourites. That site sells food items from Canada that are not widely available in the USA. Inside the box were all sorts of goodies! Dare Fruit Gummies, (peanut-free)Quaker Chewy Granola bars, Tim Hortons Coffee, Tim Horton's tea, a package of playing cards with Canadian facts on it.

The problem is, I have absolutely NO IDEA who sent this to us. The outside of the box only had the waybill with Canadian Favourites as the sender. And there was nothing else inside (other than the goodies packed in bubble wrap). I thought perhaps it was from Ramona so I called her but she said no. Hmmm...

Perhaps it might be from my friend, DeniSe. She sent me an email before Christmas saying that something was on its way to us (if it has not yet already arrived). Well, nothing came from her. I did email her the week after Christmas to let her know. So perhaps this is it. I called Canadian Favourites but they are based in Toronto and were closed by the time the box arrived here. I will call them again tomorrow before I contact DeniSe (just in case it was not from her).

And to add to the mystery, there was number on my caller id this tonight from the Ottawa-area but no phone message was left. They must have called just before Stephen and the boys got home (I was working out). Maybe it is from someone in Ottawa? Or maybe it was just a wrong number and it is just a coincidence that it is from Canada? Curiouser and Curiouser.

Meanwhile, the kids cannot eat anything until I know it is not from a stalker. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment