Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oh, nuts!

Cars is allergic to walnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts. :\ I will just say all tree nuts to make things easier because there is always risk of cross-contamination and then people trying to remember those three of the, what, nine or ten common tree nuts is just too risky.

We were late to the doctor's appointment today and that completely stressed me out! Mapquest said it would take 30 minutes which I knew we could only get there in that time if it were the middle of the night. So I gave myself an hour and it took an hour and 10 minutes! I was freaking out! It took over 30 minutes for me just to get to the highway (6 miles away). Traffic and a little bit of construction suck! Then, traffic was backed off at the exit where I needed to get off the highway (first one after crossing the bridge).

After the skin test, we were sent to Children's Hospital for blood work. I was feeling a little bummed out about the allergy test results. However, while waiting outside of the lab for Cars' blood draw, I saw so many children with severe disabilities and medical conditions, I completely snapped out of my woe-is-us attitude and kept thanking God that a life threatening food allergy is the worse of our worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment