Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Christmas tree is down and out the door. Stephen cut it into pieces and it is now in the yard recycling bin. I do not have the energy to put the PEZ cabinet back where it belongs so for now I am going to keep it where it stands and hope we do not have an earthquake (it is normally strapped to the wall).

I am thinking of bringing down the other big armchair from the boys old room to put in the nook where the tree was. Then I will put the reading lamp beside it and have a nice little reading corner. We'll see how that works.

We had another windstorm today and the lights flickered on and off several times. I think I would have been disheartened if the power went out. When I went to the park to pick the kids up from school, more than half of the parking lot (about 30 parking spaces and about 15 feet high) was covered with debris/fallen trees from the big wind storm that the city cleaned up from the park. It was amazing to see.

The National Weather Service is holding a contest to name that storm. Some of the suggestions so far are "Typhoon Merry", "The Big Blow" and "Seattle Unplugged". Suggestions can be sent to namethewindstorm@noaa.gov until Thursday of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment