Friday, January 12, 2007

I took the kids sledding at Ash's again this afternoon. Boy, they had a blast. The snow would not nearly be so bad if they had the trucks to plough the damn roads! Anyway, this time when it was time to go it was the back hatch door that was frozen solid. Two more days until it starts to warm up.

A weird thing happened at Book Club last night. Just as we were beginning the discussion of the book ("The Myth of You and Me: A Novel" by Leah Stewart), P. blurted out that she was jealous of the friendship that Ash and I had and that she wanted to be Ash's best friend. Then she said that she knows that Ash and I had known each other longer (this was not true and everyone knows that they have known each other a little longer) so she understands but it still makes her sad. HUH? It was weird and uncomfortable and not something that you expect a 38 year old woman to say. The she said that perhaps she is just not a good friend which of course everyone had to say "Oh, you are a great friend". It was more than a little uncomfortable, and I felt that I should say something but in the end I just lifted my glass and took a big swig of wine. I really like P. but I don't understand her motive for saying it, especially at Book Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment